Friday, June 12, 2015

Next Steps, Fundraising, and Holding Pattern

   Last week, I shared with you about how Aaron and I have started the process to hopefully adopt a child with special needs from out of foster care. Currently, we are in somewhat of a holding pattern as we wait for our foster care classes to begin, but since we are not very good at staying still, we have entered full force into fundraising mode.
   After I posted our blog last week I was overwhelmed by the support we received and the offers from people who want to help. One of those people was a friend who is incredibly creative, named Kim. Kim contacted me the morning after I posted the blog and told me about these beautiful prints that she has designed.

 
 These prints are available online here: http://kd316.com/2015/06/13/heart-hope-justice-adoption-aaron-and-lisa-tant/. Each print sells for $16 and $10 from each sale will go towards our adoption fund.
     I am an Usborne Books and More consultant and my upline suggested that I do Parties for a Cause. So for the rest of this summer, every party I do, whether it be a home party, a Facebook party, or an e-show, will be Party for a Cause, with 20% of the retail sales going towards our adoption fund. I am very excited about this because I get to share something that I love with people and help children get their hands on amazing books, all while raising money to prepare to expand my family. Doesn't get much better than that! You can learn more about Usborne by going to my website: https://z3029.myubam.com/103894


   
 Another way we are raising money and involving our family in North Carolina is by doing a Cards for a Cause fundraiser through Usborne. Our family is selling boxes of greeting cards for $30. Each box has 30 individually wrapped greeting cards with envelopes and these are the really nice cards that normally cost $4 at the store. There are 2 general boxes and a Kids' box. The general boxes have a variety of cards-get well cards, thank you cards, birthday cards, etc. The Kids' box has 30 kid-friendly birthday cards. The best part is that $13 of every box sold will go to our adoption fund. 

  
  Towards the end of July or the beginning of August, we will be having a yard sale. Several of our friends have offered to go through their stuff and donate items for the sale. Aaron is the least excited about this particular fundraiser as he does not like yard sales, however we are committed to raising money however we can.
    Finally, we also have a GoFundMe page. 
    So that is where we are, taking our next steps and trying to be productive while in our current holding pattern. Continue to pray for us throughout this journey and if you are interested in any of our fundraisers, please let me know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment