Monday, May 19, 2014

A Dream Becomes Reality

  When I was young I used to dream of becoming a published author. It was a secret dream, one that I did not share with anyone really. I honestly did not believe that this dream would ever come true. It was simply a fun dream that I kept deep in my heart.
  Until Jon Acuff wrote a book about following your dreams and started an online community of other dreamers where we could hustle together on our dreams and offer each other support and encouragement. I joined the group still not wanting to give voice to my real dream. At first, I simply worked on my blog and pretended that being a blogger was my dream. I was fooling myself.
   Finally at the end of February I decided that I was going to write a book. So I spent a few weeks planning, researching and writing my book. It didn't take long before I had my first draft completed. My book was not long, but it said all I wanted it to say. I found people to edit the book, I gave copies to friends and family to read, and then it sat in a folder on my computer's desktop for over a month.
   Then last week my husband and I attended a seminar about how to self-publish your book. After the seminar I did some research online and found the medium I wanted to use to self-publish. I spent the next week re-reading, re-editing, and formatting my book. Then on Friday I finally submitted my book for publishing. On Saturday morning, I awoke to a wonderful email telling that my book was now live and available in the Kindle store.
  I am officially a published author! My dream is now a reality! While I know that my book is not going to be a New York  Bestseller, but I am proud of it. Now that my first book is published, I have the motivation to keep writing. In fact, I am currently working on my first novel!
  I hope that you will take time to check out my book (it's only $0.99) and if you do check it out, please leave a review and let me know what you think!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment