Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

    It's Mother's Day and like so many others, I want to take a few minutes to remember the amazing moms in my life. *Disclaimer: I will be reposting this later with a lot of pictures, but I wanted to get this out there early to let all the Mommas in my life know that I am thinking about them this morning, so check back later for the pictures.

    My very own Momma, who has loved me and be my biggest fan and honestly the best mom a girl could ask for over the past 32 years. Also, a woman who has simply excelled at the job of "G-Momma"!

    My grandmothers, JoAnna Harrison and Dannette Taylor, who showed me what selfless, sacrificial love looks like. Also, I am so thankful for the children they raised who would become my parents-they did a good job there. I am thankful for the hours spent playing kitchen at GrannyJo's house and the days spent playing in the upstairs at Grandma's house. Their homes were always open to me and I always felt loved there.

   My mother-in-law, Anne Basden, who has loved me and welcomed me into her family. I am so grateful everyday for the way she raised the man who became my husband. She is always a wonderful Mama-B whom my kids adore.

    Gwen Cox, who I still consider my other mother-in-law. She has been a precious voice of encouragement, especially in the years I have been a mom, and has always opened her home to my children. She is a great GiGi.

     Debbie Perry, the woman who may not be my mother through birth, but she is my Momma all the same. Debbie became Momma to me during my years at Elon and has been Momma ever since. She has opened her home to me many, many times over the years, she has always been a voice of encouragement and reason, and she is a great Granna to my babies. Heck, she was seated as my mother at my wedding while my own mom walked me down the aisle.

     My sweet little sister Mandy who is an amazing mom to her own son and daughter and who has truly become my best friend. She is constant source of encouragement, a great sounding board, and an ever role model to me.

     My amazing friends who are doing this mom journey with me. They remind me that I am not alone in my daily struggles of motherhood and they give me hope that it will get better.

     The two precious lives that made me a mom. My kids are amazing and I can't help but be extra thankful for them on Mother's Day.

    Today I am also burdened however for those women who face Mother's Day with a heavy heart:
  • The woman who faces her first or fifteenth Mother's Day without her mom.
  • The woman who had motherhood snatched from her through miscarriage or stillbirth or a failed adoption
  • The woman who is separated from her children through death or poor choices
  • The woman who desperately wants to be a mother, but years of infertility make that seem impossible
  • The single woman who wants to be a mom, but has yet to find the man to help make that possible
    I encourage you today to honor all the mom's in your life. They deserve your praise and thanks. I also encourage you to seek out that woman in your life for whom Mother's Day is not all joy. Love on her in a special way. Remind her that not only does her heavenly Father see her, but that you see her. Remind her that she is not alone and that she is also cherished. Find a way to help her through this difficult day.

No comments:

Post a Comment