Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Baby!

   Bare with me because today is going to be a sappy post. You see today is a special day at our house. Today we celebrate the birth of my hubby, Aaron.


    I love this man with all that is in me. He is my best friend, my biggest encourager, the one who keeps me warm on cold nights, the one who can always make me laugh, and the most amazing husband and father a girl could ask for. I love when May 28th rolls around each year because I get to celebrate the day this man first entered the world!
Wasn't he the cutest!!

     There is this song by Steven Curtis Chapman titled "11-6-64" that I always think of on Aaron's birthday.




   I am 9 months older than Aaron and I like to think that on May 28, 1983, even though I was only 9 months old, that my coos were sweeter and that I smiled more and was generally happier because my other half was born.
  Aaron doesn't generally get excited about birthdays, but I always do. My mom made a big deal out of birthdays every year, heck she still does, and I get it from her. I love shopping for the perfect gift and I get so excited that I can hardly wait for the actual day to come around. This year the kids are just as excited as I am about Aaron's birthday. They helped me pick out his birthday present and have done such a great job of keeping it secret. My son has been counting down to Aaron's birthday for over a week and telling his dad everyday how many days are left. This morning, both kids were sad because daddy had already left for work, so we called him just so they could tell him "Happy Birthday." My son must think today is a national holiday because he keeps asking to stay home from school. Needless to say, we are all very excited to celebrate the birth of the most important man in our lives.
   I have had the amazing privilege of celebrating 9 birthdays with this man. It has been amazing to watch him grow and mature. When we first met, we were both fairly young and definitely had no idea what it really meant to be grown ups. I have watched him grow into his role as a husband and a father. He is the kind of dad who will pause whatever he is watching to look at his son's latest Lego creation or read a princess book to his daughter. He is the kind of dad who teaches his kids about the important things in life: Star Wars, Bon Jovi, and Legos. He is the kind of husband who always finds a way to touch me when he passes by me or will watch an incredibly sappy movie simply because it will make me happy. He is the kind of husband who listens to my latest story idea, even though he has no interest in Christian fiction, and who is going to make a 6 hour drive this summer to take me to Turner Field for a Braves game because I have always wanted to go. Aaron is steady and sensitive and a clown and I love him very much!
  Happy Birthday to my favorite person, my best friend, my lover, and my other half. I am so thankful that you were born!!


No comments:

Post a Comment