Friday, December 20, 2013

Little Miracles

      Yesterday morning I had the great privilege of being present for the birth of my precious niece Lyric Elizabeth.
      My sister and her husband have prayed for years to have a baby. They adopted a beautiful son 2 years ago, following a devastating miscarriage, but still yearned to have a baby. After years of trying and praying and disappointment, God answered their prayers with a resounding "YES!"
      We found out last week that my sister had a rare condition requiring her to be induced at 37 weeks. So I drove down Tuesday night so that I could be at the hospital with my sister while she was in labor. It was a very different experience to not be the person doing the actual birthing, but I am so grateful that I was there.
      It was a truly miraculous sight to watch my niece emerge into the world. As I watched her being cleaned by the nurses I kept thinking, "You are so loved. Your parents have been waiting for you for so long. We are all so glad you are here."
       I am blown away at God's design to bring forth human life. It is fascinating how the female body is made to change and expand and sustain a life for 10 months. Lyric was being formed from the moment she was conceived and that shows the love of a personal creator.
     There is not much else to say, except welcome to the world precious Lyric, I can't wait to spoil you (and pay your mom back for some of the gifts she has given Sophia over the years).

1 comment:

  1. I was just going back and reading all your posts. I didn't know you had done this one. I sobbed while reading it..I love you so much big sister, and I am so thankful you were there!

    ReplyDelete