Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day Three: How God Speaks to Me Through Song

*I want to apologize that this post is a day late. It seems that everyone in my house is sick and yesterday was spent mostly in the doctor's office and pharmacy.

    Today I am featuring "We Are Changed." This is a song that always gets me dancing in church and just makes me feel good.

We Are Changed Audio

We Are Changed
Dave Moisan, Bobby Gilles, and Neil Robins
©2008 Sojourn Community Church and Bobby Gilles
CCLI Song #5429004
CCLI License #1888971 1

Not any government on earth no law that God has given  
No will of man no blood no birth can raise a soul to Heaven  
The sovereign will of God alone prepares the heirs of grace  
Born in the image of His son a chosen holy race.  

Itʼs through Your Spirit     
Through Your sacrificial Son. 

We are changed, no longer in chains     
Once were enslaved but the Son has come
And conquered the grave, so we are changed. 
We are changed not by the things weʼve arranged    
Not by the work our hands have done 
Itʼs through Your Son that we are changed.  

Our quickened souls awake and rise from sin and shame and death.  
On heavenly things we fix our eyes His praise employs our breath

Not any government on earth no law that God has given 
No will of man no blood no birth can raise a soul to Heaven

   This is one of those songs of encouragement and hope in our salvation through Jesus Christ. I love this song because it articulates so clearly how our salvation is not done by us. We have absolutely no power to get to Heaven, it is only the sovereign will of God.
    My favorite part of this song is the chorus. I was once a slave to sin until Jesus broke my chains and set me free. Those who know me will attest to the fact that in the past 6 months there has been a great change in my life. I am not the same person all because of the work of Jesus in my life. This song just really applies to me right now.
     I hope that you too will find encouragement in this song and the fact that Jesus has already done all the work. There is nothing you can do to earn God's favor, Jesus has already done all the work when he died on the cross and rose again. I hope that you rejoice in change in your life through Jesus. Take time today to thank Jesus for his power that saved you from sin and death.
    If you have not experienced the change that comes from Jesus, I encourage you to accept the salvation that comes from Jesus and you too can rejoice in the change that salvation can bring. Release the weight of trying to save yourself and experience the true freedom that only comes from Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment